Wednesday, October 5, 2011

A Real Birthday 5-Oct-2011

Well, it is now 11:00 pm my time, and I need to get some stuff done, but I just want to recap a great day really quickly. If you are wondering why the title is A Real Birthday, It is because today actually felt more like my birthday than my actual birthday did. Today, I had two classes and got to sleep in until 10 am. That is always welcome. I was planning on going to Valencia today to a bike store to finally get a bike, but logistically, it wouldn't have worked out, because I would have to go on the bus and the train to get there, and I would either be carrying a very large box a very long way, or I would have to ride the bike all the way home, about 40 km. I talked to the P.E. teacher here, and he said he will let me know the next time he goes to that sporting goods store so I can go with him. Almost instantly after I decided not to go to Valencia today, the dean called me on my room phone, and told me my package arrived, so I ran down the stairs like a second grader on Christmas morning, got my package, and ran back up to my room. I ripped that package open as if I was being timed to open it. I want to thank my parents for the peanut butter, tapioca pudding, dates, and amazing puzzle they gave me. The puzzle is a map of my homeland that I miss so dearly...or at least I do now after seeing the puzzle. I will be entertained for the next week putting that baby together. Josh, Eric, Esther, and I then went to get gelato in honor of Josh's birthday and my belated birthday. After, Josh and Eric went back to the college, and Esther and I went to the beach and walked a long, long ways, and had a nice long conversation. We got back to the school around 9, and I found myself in a volleyball game...just happened to find myself on the court, and I played for quite a while. Now, I have plenty to do, so I am going to sign off now.


Hasta la proxima vez...

2 comments:

  1. Glad you finally got to celebrate! Who was playing in the volleyball game - who won?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad the puzzle means something to you. Wait until you get to the most interesting piece. The peanut butter is because Brian Jacques said it is hard to satisfy peanut butter cravings in Europe. Don't even know if that is true for you, but anyway . . . Our Brian said you might appreciate dates, I thought the pudding might be welcome. Hard to know what will strike the right cord when you are away from home. Yes, happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete