Monday, October 10, 2011

10-10-11

Today, a few interesting things happened that I will share. First of all, it was Josh's birthday today, so to celebrate, we went to our favorite gelato place in town. We had to kind of rush through the gelato because we had to get back for a meeting with our monitors, or basically, Spanish friends. There is a picture up on facebook of this monumentus occasion, and despite the look on Eric's face, he enjoyed the gelato as well.

After our meeting with our Spanish friends, Eric and I biked to the bike store to buy a cadena (bicycle chain) for the bike that my new Spanish friend has graciously lended to me. Eric had previously told me of the fun he has had in there trying to communicate to the salesperson in Spanish. I was thinking to my-self that it couldn't possibly be that hard, but when I got there, any Spanish I knew went out the window, and Eric and I were pointing and nodding and shaking our heads until we were blue in the face. I bought a new chain, and I hope that the bike will be operational by tomorrow.

The last thing that happened today was that I played guitar for the praise band/choir-ish thing we have going here. On the campout, one of the main musicians saw me play up front, and invited me to play for the worship team. When I told him I didn't have a guitar, he just said it was no problem because I could just use his, because he usually plays base. Tonight was my first time playing with the group, and Igor has a very, very nice guitar! It is so nice in fact, that I am glad I didn't bring mine from home- it is that nice! We had a great time tonight, and we will be singing on Sabbath for church. Then of course on Monday, we leave for Andalusia, Morocco, and Gibraltar. Things are looking good as of right now!

Hasta el proximo vez...

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Steven, you must be excited and anticipating next Monday. Enjoy Andalusia, Morocco, and Gibraltar. Buen Viaje!!

    ReplyDelete